I’ve always written to remind, remember and reinforce to myself, my kids or those who read my blogs or books. Thoughts and ideas will pop into my head while driving, dreaming, laying awake in bed, skiing down a mountain or getting a massage, they may hit anywhere, at any time. Oftentimes if I don’t jot down, or share, the thought will swirl around in my mind until I do. I refer to this thought process as my Note To Self.
I got to thinking this morning, while laying in bed, that this pandemic will soon be in the rearview mirror. The last year, no doubt, has been scary, sad and depressing, but with this enforced slow down and the way I have adapted personally and professionally has actually been a welcome change. It’s as if the past year was life’s grand intermission.
“With change there is growth and a new perspective.”
The following is a list of my Top 8 Changes for the Good since the COVID19 lockdown of 2020.
- Staying Home, what?! Constantly on the go, I actually learned how to enjoy staying home.
- Baking for Beginners. I started baking for the first time in my life and found it enjoyable. Follow The Well Heeled Baker, tab above.
- Inspiring YouTube Videos. I discovered many beautiful videos and Vlogs. I sought out videos to learn about topics of interest I knew little about, I traveled often and spent a lot of time in Italy, virtually, of course. An early riser, I now begin my day watching YouTube Videos on our huge flatscreen, I start with a meditation video, then move to Kylie Flavell in Tuscany, or another video that takes place in Italy, and oftentimes in the afternoon I watch while riding our Peloton.
- Completed Projects. I wrote and published Beauty At Any Age, Because Age is Just An Attitude, and launched this Blog, Contained Beauty and The Daily Sparkle, Quantum Family Vlog, and a few other things.
- Intimate Gatherings a Plus. Since I prefer small groups and one on one engagement to large groups.
- Professionally Speaking. The way we show, sell and transact real estate has improved for the better. To learn more see my post on Alignable, How has the real estate landscape changed in your community due to COVID?
- Family time! The kids came home to shelter with us at different times throughout the year, a welcome change. We cooked together, enjoyed amazing dinners together and spent time with our adult children at a time in their life that would not have occurred if not for the lockdown. (Prior to COVID, Bianca was living, working and thriving in Manhattan and Chase, a recent CU Boulder grad had just launched in January to travel the world for a year abroad, then March came, COVID hit, and we had to bring him home from India, no easy feat as millions of Americans were trying to get flights back to the States.)
- A new passport. I am currently working on obtaining my dual citizenship and Italian Passport now that my mother was successful in obtaining hers. One day I look forward to spending 6 months, a year, if not longer, living in Italy savoring the food, the people, the culture, the beauty, the historic architecture, the sea the mountains and the countryside.
What has changed in your life for the better since March 2020? I look forward to hearing.
Stay positive! Debbi
Leave a Reply