Sour Cream Banana Bread with a Twist. For each recipe ‘The Well Heeled Baker’ adds her own twist. Bake in multiple small loaf pans, pour into cupcake tins, or into a bundt cake pan. Top with Debbi’s favorite Cream Cheese Frosting, powdered sugar, or leave it bare naked.
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 1 h 15 m
- Ready In 2 h
Recipe By: grandma-diane
“This bread is a family favorite. It is very moist, freezes well, and makes a great addition to school lunches with peanut butter spread on a slice.”
- 4 very ripe bananas, divided
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 5×9-inch loaf pan.
- Mash 2 bananas in a bowl with a fork. Place remaining 2 bananas in a separate bowl with 1 cup sugar and beat the bananas and sugar with an electric mixer until creamed and fluffy, 3 minutes. Beat in melted butter, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and stir the flour mixture into banana-sugar mixture. Fold in mashed bananas and walnuts. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and tap the pan on the counter several times to remove any air pockets. Stir 2 teaspoons sugar with cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the top of the loaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bread is golden brown on top and set in the center, 1 hour and 15 minutes; rotate bread pan in oven halfway through baking. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to finish cooling on a wire rack.
If so inclined, top with cream cheese frosting.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
339 calories; 17.2 g fat; 43.5 g carbohydrates; 4.7 g protein; 64 mg cholesterol; 256 mg sodium. Full Nutrition
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2020 Allrecipes.com – Printed From Allrecipes.com 4/8/2020
Groovy Girl Crushes It!
I suppose coaching has replaced the emptiness I experienced when the kids and their friends went off to college and were not around to share, teach and engage with. But the loss is still very familiar. Perhaps this is my strength.
Summer is on the horizon
Beach vacations. Pool time. Swimsuits and ice cream. Long days, short nights, sunshine, warm weather, and school holidays. Is it any wonder that we associate the summer months with feeling happy and carefree?
helping others give success true meaning
I was introduced to Debbi a little over a year ago, after my sister had suddenly passed away earlier that year. Before meeting Debbi. I had come across a company that intrigued me. Upon realizing I wanted to get involved, I knew I needed a plan. That’s when Debbi came into my life to help me…
Leave a Reply