Sour Cream Banana Bread with a Twist. For each recipe ‘The Well Heeled Baker’ adds her own twist. Bake in multiple small loaf pans, pour into cupcake tins, or into a bundt cake pan. Top with Debbi’s favorite Cream Cheese Frosting, powdered sugar, or leave it bare naked.
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 1 h 15 m
- Ready In 2 h
Recipe By: grandma-diane
“This bread is a family favorite. It is very moist, freezes well, and makes a great addition to school lunches with peanut butter spread on a slice.”
- 4 very ripe bananas, divided
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 5×9-inch loaf pan.
- Mash 2 bananas in a bowl with a fork. Place remaining 2 bananas in a separate bowl with 1 cup sugar and beat the bananas and sugar with an electric mixer until creamed and fluffy, 3 minutes. Beat in melted butter, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and stir the flour mixture into banana-sugar mixture. Fold in mashed bananas and walnuts. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and tap the pan on the counter several times to remove any air pockets. Stir 2 teaspoons sugar with cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the top of the loaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bread is golden brown on top and set in the center, 1 hour and 15 minutes; rotate bread pan in oven halfway through baking. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to finish cooling on a wire rack.
If so inclined, top with cream cheese frosting.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
339 calories; 17.2 g fat; 43.5 g carbohydrates; 4.7 g protein; 64 mg cholesterol; 256 mg sodium. Full Nutrition
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2020 Allrecipes.com – Printed From Allrecipes.com 4/8/2020
1. Meditation. Start your day with positivity, affirmations & pray. 2. Yoga or exercise (take care of your body to keep your soul alive). 3. To Think positive, speak positive. 4. Smile, smile and smile always inspire. 5. Wish good morning to everyone, young ones or elders, and anyone you cross paths with. 6. Find […]
As I started to draft our mission statement for Betta Sauces, I came upon the perfect quote by Denzel Washington that expressed our goals succinctly. Denzel also happens to be one of my favorite actors. “At the end of the day, it’s not about what you have or even what you’ve accomplished. It’s about what […]
When the family asks for something sweet after dinner, these are quick and easy delicious morsels you can make, with crisp edges and chewy middles. Made with ingredients you should have your kitchen. Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies Prep: 20 mins Cook: 10 mins Additional: 30 mins Total: 1 hr Servings: 24 Yield: 4 dozen Ingredients: […]