Sour Cream Banana Bread with a Twist. For each recipe ‘The Well Heeled Baker’ adds her own twist. Bake in multiple small loaf pans, pour into cupcake tins, or into a bundt cake pan. Top with Debbi’s favorite Cream Cheese Frosting, powdered sugar, or leave it bare naked.
- Prep 15 m
- Cook 1 h 15 m
- Ready In 2 h
Recipe By: grandma-diane
“This bread is a family favorite. It is very moist, freezes well, and makes a great addition to school lunches with peanut butter spread on a slice.”
- 4 very ripe bananas, divided
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 5×9-inch loaf pan.
- Mash 2 bananas in a bowl with a fork. Place remaining 2 bananas in a separate bowl with 1 cup sugar and beat the bananas and sugar with an electric mixer until creamed and fluffy, 3 minutes. Beat in melted butter, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract until thoroughly combined.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and stir the flour mixture into banana-sugar mixture. Fold in mashed bananas and walnuts. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and tap the pan on the counter several times to remove any air pockets. Stir 2 teaspoons sugar with cinnamon in a small bowl and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the top of the loaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until bread is golden brown on top and set in the center, 1 hour and 15 minutes; rotate bread pan in oven halfway through baking. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing to finish cooling on a wire rack.
If so inclined, top with cream cheese frosting.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
339 calories; 17.2 g fat; 43.5 g carbohydrates; 4.7 g protein; 64 mg cholesterol; 256 mg sodium. Full Nutrition
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2020 Allrecipes.com – Printed From Allrecipes.com 4/8/2020
St Barth, St Tropez on an Island For years one of my favorite destinations has been St Tropez for its quaint village vibe, fashionable men donning crisp linen shirts, women in chic sundresses and the way the sun sets at 9 as if you’re part of the backdrop on a movie set. It’s blissfully perfect. (Most […]
New year is the glittering light to brighten the dream-lined pathway of future. –Munia Khan Each year we are gifted with the opportunity to chart our path for the coming months ahead. Take this time to jot down your dreams and goals and hold yourself accountable. Every morning when you awake read through your goals […]
It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen. – John Wooden