Chef John’s Cream Cheese Frosting. I use this for many of my other cakes and breads. It’s simply delicious!
- Prep 15 m
- Ready In 15 m
Recipe By: Chef John
“This is the frosting I use on delicious red velvet cupcakes. Is this the easiest recipe I’ve ever done? Maybe!”
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 3/4 cups confectioners’ sugar, or more to taste
1. Place butter, cream cheese, vanilla extract, and lemon juice into the work bowl of a large stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment; beat mixture on medium speed until smooth.
2. Scrape down the attachment and sides of bowl; add confectioners’ sugar to butter mixture. Mix at low speed until confectioners’ sugar begins to incorporate into butter mixture. Raise mixer speed to high and beat until frosting is light and fluffy, scraping sides occasionally, about 3 minutes. Frosting will set up and become firmer when refrigerated.
- Start with 1 cup confectioners’ sugar and add more to taste, up to 3 cups. Double recipe if you like a thicker layer of frosting.
Nutrition Facts – Per Serving:
139 calories; 7.1 g fat; 18.6 g carbohydrates; 0.8 g protein; 21 mg cholesterol; 55 mg sodium. Full Nutrition
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2020 Allrecipes.com Printed From Allrecipes.com 4/12/2020
[…] Top with my favorite Cream Cheese Frosting! Easy and Delicious […]
[…] If so inclined, top with cream cheese frosting. […]